Sunday, January 14, 2007

OK, here we go...

Well, here we are in January 2007. My last attempt at blogging was sometime in October. And at S&B the other night I realized that there are actually people out there who would bother to read my blog, if I ever bothered to update it.

So here it is -- the new blog. Slimmed and trimmed down for 2007 (who doesn't like to drop a little extra weight for the new year?). And I've decided to put up a new post at least every weekend.

Here's some knitting stuff to catch up...

A photo of the three architecturally-inspired "golden section" scarves that I gave each of my bosses for Christmas. It's hard to get the pattern to show up in photos, unfortunately. This is the first time I've designed a pattern, and if I had these scarves to do over again, I would do them very differently. But I'm not doing them over!


Then I worked on a couple of baby blankets for people in Oz's family. This next one is for his nephew, who will be born in March.


And another blanket -- Oz's cousin Erika had a baby girl in late November. Before we knew whether she'd have a boy or a girl, I bought this really pretty variegated yarn (green, yellow, blue) by TLC Baby. The photos don't really do justice -- the color came out really nicely and this is one of my favorite blankets I've ever done. Following are photos of the blanket and a closeup of where the seed stitch border meets the k2tog/yo section of the blanket.




Next week, I'll post photos of the sweater I'm working on for my sister's bday. Alas, it won't be done in time for her bday (1/19), but I hope to have it finished for her before I see her in late February. And if I have time, I'll post something else during the week.

So does this post get me out of the blogger doghouse for this week, at least? ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger anphoe said...

Yay!! So glad to see your new post. I love your baby blankets, especially the second one. Anyway, I can't wait to see the sweater for your niece.(and your next post :) )

14/1/07 11:40 AM  
Blogger costumechick said...

YAYA! SHe posts!

17/1/07 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home