Sunday, February 04, 2007

Success!


Well, the photo isn't great, but I got over to the Yarn Garden today for their Super Bowl XLI Sale (41% off of everything!) I was looking for yarn for my niece Helen's cardigan. Not a difficult thing, really -- since my sister had requested white. Going into a yarn store looking for white baby yarn in a fine gauge really helps narrow things down. There was lots of beautiful yarn and I did see some S&B people doing some stash shopping, but I was on a mission. I got 7 skeins of Svale, by Dalegarn of Norway. It's 50% cotton, 40% viscose, and 10% silk and it feels really good. I am looking forward to casting on, but I want to finish my sister's birthday sweater first -- just under three weeks before I head south to see her, my niece, and the rest of the fam.

Well, off to watch the game & some commercials, and to do some power knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger anphoe said...

I can't wait to pet those white yarns!! I also went to Yarn Garden and got some sock yarns. I went to Yarn Barn afterward. It was so crowded, and not much sale going on, so I didn't get anything there.
I think beside the Block Buster's commercial at the beginning of the SuperBowl, the rest were not very interesting... very disappointing.

4/2/07 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home