Sunday, February 18, 2007

A good weekend

It wasn't a terribly eventful weekend, but that's all right with me! I have spent most of it knitting furiously, trying to finish my sister's sweater before I see her next weekend. It is coming along -- I have another couple of inches to finish the sleeves (which I plan to do tonight). Then blocking, seaming, and the button band. And then the fringe. Not much time. I did take a bit of time to knit the gauge swatch for Baby Helen's cardigan. Oh, it is so soft!!! I cannot wait to get started on the project. It's a much finer gauge than what I'm used to working -- all knit on #2's and #3's -- until now, the smallest needles I owned were 7's.

I went to Supper Club tonight. The theme was Asian food -- apropos of Chinese New Year. It's the year of the pig, and it was pretty easy for me to live up to that tonight! I took a Thai-style coconut soup. It was the first time I'd made it, but it turned out pretty nicely.

I was going to take a photo of pieces of the sweater on the blocking board, but I think I'll wait and take photos next weekend of my sister actually wearing the sweater (fingers crossed that it will fit!)

1 Comments:

Blogger anphoe said...

Hi Anne,
I have missed SnB tonight too since you were not going to be there, I didn't want to go either ;) and also because of tons of homework. About the trusses, I am actually having a hard time with it since the professor doesn't know how to teach at all. My husband has couple Statics books which I can take a look, but if you could find yours and bring it next Thursday, that would be great. I never get tired of reading physics books. Yes, I am a dork, haha...
I will see you next week. Have a good weekend!

22/2/07 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home