Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Packrats Anonymous

Moving sucks. There -- I said it. And I don't think there's a soul on earth who will disagree with me.

We're moving at the end of the month, and the move is becoming an all-consuming endeavor. I don't have any knitting photos to post this time, because, with the exception of Stitch & Bitch, I haven't had any time to knit. First it was all about looking for apartments online. Then the weekend after I got the car, we went and physically looked at a bunch of apartments. Now that we've found something and signed the lease, we're doing a LOT of decluttering. Not so easy for me, packrat that I am. But we're moving to a smaller place, and we don't want to keep moving and storing stuff we don't use, need, or want. So we've been going through stuff. Goodwill might want some of it, but some of it has gone straight into the trash. Case in point: the contents of the bathroom -- long-expired over-the-counter meds, half-empty bottles of nail polish I'll never use, and makeup that's probably from the Clinton administration.

It was tough to get started, but once I got going, it felt liberating to get rid of clutter. I suppose in lieu of knitting photos, I could post a photo of the big pile of crap in our dining area, but I think I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see how much useless stuff I've moved from apartment to apartment to apartment over the years.

I've been a very bad blogger lately, but I'll try to do better. You probably thought I didn't have time to blog because I was out tooling around in that convertible. Oh, if only..... (sigh)

3 Comments:

Blogger anphoe said...

It must be hard throwing away stuff. Sometimes it feels like throwing away the memories, to me. Andrew and I also have tons of crap in the house. Since we have a basement, we got even more craps than we had before we got married. I only had 2 big luggages of things when I first moved to the US from Hong Kong. Now, I think I there is at least one third of the crap in the house belongs to me. If I ever have to move again... well, I dont even want to think about it, because Andrew is a keeper, he keeps EVERYTHING. Anyway, have fun getting rid of stuff now, packing and unpacking later... :D

4/4/07 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving sucks, I agree. I'm trying to declutter, but I just love all my stuff too much, even though I know how useless most of it is. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it not to have to pack and move all that junk.

5/4/07 1:12 PM  
Blogger anphoe said...

You have been tagged, please visit my blog!!!

25/5/07 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home