Saturday, December 01, 2007

Forgiveness and Waffles

A curious title, you say? Very few will know what it means, but I promised them that would be the title of my next blog post. To those of you, THANK YOU -- I am so lucky to have you as friends.

It has been a while since I've posted, and it took getting TAGGED for a meme by Wife, "Mom," Knitter to drag my lazy patootie back into the blogosphere. So without further ado:

1. What are your favorite things to knit?
Things for my niece and nephew. Baby stuff goes very quickly, and I enjoy thinking about the babies as I knit. Also, their mommies (my sisters) are very appreciative!

2. What yarn/fiber do you like most?
I am trying to broaden my yarn horizons, but there have been a couple of yarns that have gotten my attention recently. I knitted a hat for myself our of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk -- it's so warm and soft. And I've knitted a couple of items for my nephew with Bernat Cotton-Tots (100% cotton). It doesn't have much elasticity (terribly for tying up a pompom), but it feels really good and I like their colorways.

3. What needles do you tend to use (i.e. type/material)?
Metal circulars. Although all my DPNs are bamboo. I've only recently learned to use DPNs, and somehow the bamboo makes me feel less worried that the stitches will go flying off the other end of the needle.

4. Do you tend to knit more in one specific part of the year than others?
No.

5. What style of knitting do you use?
English, although at the time I learned, I didn't know there was more than one style.

6. Do you consider yourself a “fast” knitter?
No, although I'm not as slow and clumsy as I used to be.

7. Who is your favorite knitting author(s)?
I don't really have any yet -- I haven't developed a book addiction. I did meet the Yarn Harlot at Rhinebeck (my friends were stalking her) and she was very nice. So I guess she's my favorite. :-)

8. What is your favorite by said author(s)?
So now I guess I'll have to go get some of her books...

9. How long ago did you learn to knit?
Summer of 2003. I had just finished grad school and was visiting my Aunt Helen. She taught me the basic knit stitch.

10. How do you knit small in-the-round objects? (i.e. double points, 2 circulars, or the magic loop)
DPNs, which I've only recently learned to use. I would love to learn the other 2 methods at some point.

11. What is the most useful technique you’ve learned so far?
The same thing WifeMomKnitter said -- knit both sleeves (or cardigan front panels) at once. I too learned this at S&B. Not only are my sleeves uniform, but I've never had "second sleeve" syndrome.

12. Do you prefer to knit fine gauge items, mid-range gauge items, or large gauge items, or do you like it all?
I think I'm most comfortable with mid-range gauge item.

13. How do you like to knit your sweaters?
Back, front, sleeves, I guess. I'm not sure it ever occurred to me to deviate from the pattern so boldly as to knit the front, then the back!

14.) Who do wish to tag?
Anyone who hasn't been tagged yet, I guess! :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Ahhh . . . forgiveness and waffles. Just gave me a giggle. And made me hungry.

1/12/07 7:56 PM  
Blogger mad knitter said...

Look how far you've come from when you learned to knit! Using dpn's, broadening your yarn choice horizons...amazing :). Cute title :). We're there for ya, hun!

1/12/07 11:36 PM  
Blogger WifeMomKnitter said...

Gee that's an interesting title! :-D
Thak you for responding to the meme. And you were the one who gave me the suggestion about knitting both sleeves at the same time, so thank you for that!

2/12/07 6:38 AM  
Blogger costumechick said...

good to "hear" from you! I'll give you a call soon.

2/12/07 9:47 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi! Hope all's well. I'll have to try this meme. It's funny to think how far my knitting horizons have broadened since meeting all of y'all at S&B!

6/12/07 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home