Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Meme -- I never...

Well, Costumechick tagged me for a meme -- items I've knitted, plan to knit, or have never knitted and don't plan to. It reminds me of that game "I Never," in which people say "I Never...." and then add something like "did it in a moving car" or something crazy like that. Then the people that DID do that are supposed to drink. It's kind of like a cross between a drinking game and Truth or Dare.

But this list is so much more tame, and seeing as how it's the middle of the day, there's no alcohol involved. Snarky comments, however, are in abundance.

BTW, when I say "did it" [in a moving car], I mean knitting, of course! Get your minds out of the gutter!

BOLD indicates things I've done.
ITALICIZED indicates things that I haven't done but intend to do in the future.
Normal text indicates things I've never done and have no plans to do.

Afghan/Blanket (baby sized)
I-cord - if a project calls for it
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire - If I knit myself a hat with metal wire, will it keep out the Government Mind-Probe Rays?
Shawl

Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up

Knitting with camel yarn - maybe (it might get my allergies going!)
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting - why not?
Participating in a KAL

Sweater - one of them was even a boyfriend sweater!
Drop stitch patterns - all my stitches have been dropped by accident
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn -- mmmmm...bananas...
Domino knitting (modular knitting) - not sure what this is, but it sounds fun
Twisted stitch patterns - again, I think I've already done this by accident
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting - definitely
Knitting with soy yarn (Soy to the World?)

Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles - hated it at first, but now that's all I use
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street) - huh?
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments - I tried this, but the result was less than I'd hoped for
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran) - definitely want to try within the next year
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book
Scarf
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)

Knitting to make money - although I don't think I'd be prolific enough to be profitable
Button holes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting

Dyeing with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting - what on earth is Olympic knitting???
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with DPNs
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit - I would, if asked
Bobbles

Knitting for a living - again, I don't think I'm prolific enough
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking - not sure how to do this, but I'm intrigued
Dyeing yarn
Steeks - maybe, if I knew what the hell a steek was
Knitting art
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting

Kitchener BO
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads

Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards

Machine knitting
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn
Stuffed toys

Baby items
Knitting with cashmere
Darning

Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern

Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO

Freeform knitting - does yarn barf count?
Short rows - again, I've done these, although not on purpose
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting - no idea what this is
Knitting a gift - oh yeah
Knitting for pets - would give Stitch & Bitch a new meaning, wouldn't it?
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair - Not enough Allegra on the planet to get me through that experience.
Hair accessories
Knitting in public

There are a few more I've thought of:
Knitting on the beach
Thinking about your knitting while you're supposed to be focused on something else

Knitting during a meeting (I don't think I could get away with it)
Knitting a boyfriend/husband sweater
Attending a Stitch & Bitch group
Asking for/receiving knitting-related gifts for bdays, holidays, etc.
Knitting on an airplane
Learning knitting vocabulary in a foreign language (until I learn how to say "purl" in Spanish, I guess I can only knit in garter stitch ;-)

Having a Wall of Yarn
Taking a knitting-related trip (including out-of-state yarn-buying junkets)

So now I tag KnelleyBelley. :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger costumechick said...

you crack my shit up!

Graffiti knitting is just like it is w/ spray paint, except you knit (for example) a tube around a stop sign pole. Or leave a cuff knitted to a bench seat. It is usually attached so that the next non-knitter can't figure out how it got there.
of course a knitted wire hat will keep out mind probes!
olympic kntting takes place during the olympics. You pick a project that is a challenge for you to finish is the 3 weeks of the gamess. You cast on during opening cermonies, and have until closing ceremonies to finish. You get a gold medal for your blog if you finish before the games are finished. (I have one!)
I'd tell you what a steek is, but you'ld have a heart attack
lastly, thrummed knitting is when you take a little bit of unspun wool(roving) and knit it into your pattern every once and a while. It makes a little fluffy bit on the inside that felts to the rest of the wool making a crazy warm hat (or whatever). The the bits o' fluff usually make a pattern on the outside of the piece too.
Today's excessive comment was brought to you by the letter r and the number 7.

18/7/07 2:43 PM  
Blogger acambras said...

Yeah, I just looked up "steek" on Knitty and I did just about have a heart attack. I think it'll be a while before I do any steeking.

But I am totally in for Olympic Knitting.

Anne

18/7/07 2:53 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Okay, Anne! My first meme - I feel like I'm all grown up now. Better get to it. Thanks! - Kelley

18/7/07 8:43 PM  
Blogger mad knitter said...

Yep, leave it to Anne to find a way to seamlessly weave sex and alcohol into her knitting blog, LOL!

I'm up for Olympic knitting too, now that it's been explained! And a yarn trip! Sounds like fun! I just still can't picture thrummed knitting...maybe I should google it.
Thanks, it was fun reading your meme!

19/7/07 10:16 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, there was stuff I couldn't identify on that list, too. But I was kind of proud of how much I had already done. I didn't have the energy to put in the clever comments like yours. Maybe I should knit a wire hat to keep out the mind probes....

19/7/07 10:20 AM  
Blogger acambras said...

Yes, Erin, it's amazing how those mind probes can sap one's energy.

And Kelly, I don't think I actually wrote anything about sex in this post -- I think it must just be your dirty mind filling in the blanks. ;-)

19/7/07 10:50 AM  
Blogger anphoe said...

Very funny meme, you have made me laugh again.

I guess I would admit that I had a dirty mind at one moment while i was reading this post.

Costumechick, thanks for explaining everything, now I can do mine...

19/7/07 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home