Saturday, August 25, 2007

LOVE it!

LOVE this pattern. LOVE this yarn.

I'm working on the blanket for my nephew, who is due in about a week. Went to pick out the yarn Thursday -- it was nice to have Jen along to help, because it's so hard for me to shop for yarn! Part of it is my lack of experience/expertise at it. Part of it is the trouble I have making up my mind. And when I finally make up my mind, there never seems to be enough in one dye lot for the project. Aaargh. That's what happened when I was picking out some nice blue cotton yarn. About 30 skeins, but in about 15 different dye lots. THEN I spotted this yarn. Beautiful white, yellow, green, and blue. Bernat Cotton-Tots. I'm working with one strand of the variegated, plus one strand of white. It's very soft, and I like the way it feels as I'm working with it.

Now onto the pattern. It's from a book called Leisure Arts Quick Knit Baby Afghans, which I picked up a few years ago for $4.50. I have gotten more use out of that book. 7 blankets in 4 different patterns, I think. This pattern, called "Whisper Soft," is more challenging than the others, but CostumeChick urged me to go for it. I'm so glad I did!

OK, so here are some photos:


As you can see, I have a long way to go, but it is going fairly quickly.

So you might be wondering why I'm waiting until the 11th hour to start this project. After finishing Baby Helen's cardigan, I knitted a quick blanket (from that same book) for a friend whose due date was 4 weeks before my sister's. So I finally finished that:

7 Comments:

Blogger mad knitter said...

Yay! I'm first, I'm first! I really like your new yarn and pattern, but I gotta tell ya, the stitch detail on that yellow blanket is incredible! So beautiful, and it works so well with the yellow. You should be very proud!

25/8/07 10:12 PM  
Blogger anphoe said...

I like the yellow blanket, it looks as good as the first one! Missed you guys on last Thusday.

26/8/07 2:04 AM  
Blogger WifeMomKnitter said...

I'm so glad that I was able to help you pick out yarn for your nephew's blanket. I REALLY liked the colors you picked and can't wait to see the results. FYI - I get the Michael's ad emailed to me and wouldn't you know it, the yarn is on sale this week for 2 for $5!!! You can probably go back and see if they will reimburse you the difference.

26/8/07 7:27 AM  
Blogger costumechick said...

I knew you'ld like that pattern once you got started! Looks great! oh, and go back to Michael's and ask. When I worked there, we reimbursed all the time.

27/8/07 10:51 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Both blankets look great. Those will be some lucky babies. :)

29/8/07 7:44 PM  
Blogger acambras said...

Thanks, everybody!

Anphoe, we missed you too! Hope you're coming to S&B tonight.

And Erin, we have missed you a lot! Please put another post on your blog when you have time to update us on how things are going.

And Kelly, Jen, and CostumeChick -- hope to see you all at S&B tonight too. :-)

Anne

30/8/07 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, both blankets are gorgeous. I really love the pattern on the yellow blanket (plus, I find I am partial to that hue).

30/8/07 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home