Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Red Spam

I don’t know how, but some right-wing Louisiana political group has gotten my e-mail address on their mailing list. Their blog is called “Operaton Red November”– I suppose they’re looking to make Louisiana more of a “red state” than it already is (don’t these people know that red is the color of Communism???) Again, I don’t know how they got my e-mail address, but they’ve failed to note two important things: (1) I don’t live in Louisiana anymore (nor am I registered to vote there anymore); (2) Anyone that knows me knows that I am more of a “blue state” kind of gal. So “Red November” is sending me lots of crap about David Vitter and how he doesn’t know any prostitutes (not in the biblical sense, anyway), as if I care. Three e-mails in one week. One was titled, “An Excercise [sic] in Irresponsible Journalism” – I guess that’s supposed to be an indictment of the “liberal media.” So I hit “reply” (to the g-mail address on the e-mail) and wrote the following:
I don't know how you got my e-mail address, but this is the 2nd piece of right-wing propaganda you've sent me today. Take me off of your list. Oh, and there's only 1 c in "exercise." So I guess yours is an Exercise in Irresponsible Spelling.
Ah, good times… You’d think they’d take me off their list, but I got another e-mail today. Unfortunately, their blog (operationrednovember.blogspot.com) isn’t comment-enabled (shocking), but if anyone feels like f***ing with right-wing spammers, the g-mail address is theivhorsemen@gmail.com (as in the Four Horsemen). Don’t forget to run spellcheck before hitting send. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Thanks for your comments on my post. The POW and BAM cracked me up. I think I'm taking a break from miters today.

After reading this post of yours, I had to look at the Red November blog. Since I'm off for the summer, I have time to veer off onto all these internet paths. I wanted you to know - and to take credit for the fact that they've corrected the post title to spell Exercise correctly. Better watch out, or you'll end up on their list of scumbags on the top right. If nothing else, those right-wingers certainly provide us with entertainment.

I'm looking forward to the Harvard joke. See you on Thursday - Kelley

17/7/07 12:43 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Maybe they'll hire me on as an editor -- them Republicans got lots of money. :-)

17/7/07 1:13 PM  
Blogger costumechick said...

I can't read it. It'll piss me off way too much. We needn't have that. I get plenty o' pissed off on Sunday mornings watching the political stuff then.

17/7/07 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home