Sunday, December 09, 2007

Hats!

It was a great weekend. I'm hanging in there with the personal stuff, and my cold is finally on the wane. That's good, because my IQ seems to be inversely proportional to the amount of goo in my head.

My sister had asked me to knit Baby Helen a hat to go with her pink winter coat. So I did, and my sister was appreciative, as always. What I didn't expect was this: reportedly, Helen wore the hat around the house most of the weekend. Apparently she is really into it!

The toy she's pushing, a "Fisher Price Musical Activity Walker," was also a gift from her doting aunt. ;-)

In other hat news, I finished one of the Santa hats. I'm making one for Helen and one for Matthew. Since Helen's daycare is having a "Santa Hat" day next week, I pushed forward and finished hers Friday night. And since I don't yet have a photo of her wearing it, I'll have to be content with a stand-in model:


Also, I'm finally on Ravelry! If anyone's looking, my ID is YankeeLagniappe. It's going to take me a while to get photos uploaded and lists made, but as of today, I'm off to a good start!

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Wooo! First! Those hats are super cute. I'll be looking out for you on ravelry. It's so addictive I haven't allowed myself to visit during exams week. :)

9/12/07 11:19 PM  
Blogger WifeMomKnitter said...

Isn't it a really good feeling when the child you made something for LOVES it?!!!

Both hats are absolutely adorable. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

10/12/07 6:46 AM  
Blogger mad knitter said...

Woo hoo! You are on Ravelry! Oh, you'll have so much fun! I'm lkmcland on Ravelry. I'll write you! I'm much better about Ravelry than about blog-reading, it's sad but true!

It was so nice seeing you this weekend. I had a great time chatting with you. Thanks so much for visiting :).

That's a great pic of Helen and her aunty's gifts! She looks completely and totally happy :).

And that's just about the cutest non-human hat model I've ever seen :). And the hat is just adorable!

10/12/07 8:52 AM  
Blogger anphoe said...

I am not surprised that Helen loves the hat, because it's too cute to not like it. I can't wait to see her wearing the Santa hat!

How cute, you model the Santa hat on a green balloon, it give a "Grinch" feel to it.

10/12/07 9:08 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Aunt Anne rules! Baby Helen is pure cuteness in her pink hat. She knows what looks good and she's not afraid to wear it all weekend long. Go, Helen, go!

Can't wait for pics of Santa Helen and her trusty sidekick Elf Matthew!

Glad you're feeling better. Stay healthy!

10/12/07 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home