Friday, December 28, 2007

End of 2007, Beginning of 2008

Well, so much to blog about. Some photos to share (both of completed projects and the family Christmas celebration). And a few knitting resolutions for 2008.

First, a photo of one of the mittens I made to go with Baby Helen's pink coat and hat:

Mad props to whoever understands why the mitten is perched on a beer bottle (sorry, Thursday night S&B folks are ineligible).

And here's a photo of Helen modeling the full hat and mittens ensemble. As you can see, it was hard to get her to be still!


We had a nice Christmas. Matthew is smiling a lot, and Helen is in perpetual motion. I will post some photos later -- I'm waiting for my sisters to send me their online albums.

So last night, we were talking about knitting resolutions for the new year. But first, a few things I accomplished in 2007 (not necessarily in order):
1. I learned how to use DPNS -- I have since knitted several hats, a pair of mittens, and a pair of baby booties.
2. I made my first knitting festival trip this year -- several of us attended the NY Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. So much fun!
3. I tried several new patterns this year. Overall, I was open to more challenges -- probably because I know if I get stuck, I can get help from my S&B friends!
4. I finally got on Ravelry. Now I see what all the commotion was about.
There may be more accomplishments, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind right now.

On to 2008, and some KNITTING RESOLUTIONS for the new year:
1. I am finally going to knit some socks. I have a couple of skeins of sock yarn, including my LSU purple and gold sock yarn. Geaux Tigers!
2. I'm going to learn cabling this year.
3. I'm going to learn Kitchener Stitch this year (actually, it'll probably be this weekend!)
4. Even though projects for my niece and nephew keep getting added to my Ravelry queue, I'm still going to do one or two projects for myself.
5. I'd like to learn Magic Loop this year.
Again, there are probably items I'm forgetting, but maybe I'll add to this later.

Knitters out there -- any knitting resolutions for 2008? I tag CostumeChick, Anphoe, KnelleyBelley, WifeMomKnitter, MadKnitter, and passimenterie. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

That's a nice post about new year resolutions! I might have to steal that idea :)

28/12/07 9:38 PM  
Blogger anphoe said...

Nice and cute mittens!! I will think about the resolutions and post it on my blog later. Thanks for tagging me.

28/12/07 10:56 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Helen is the cutest in her pink hat and mittens. She's your very own little dress-up doll.

2007 has been good to you in the knitting department. You have accomplished much! I'm sure you'll keep your New Year's resolutions. I'll have to get to work on mine.

Ur taggin' me.

29/12/07 11:50 AM  
Blogger WifeMomKnitter said...

Thank you for the new pictures of Miss Helen! She is the cutest!

I'm with anphoe.....I'll think about some knitting resolutions and post them on my blog.

29/12/07 3:59 PM  
Blogger mad knitter said...

It's a beautiful pic of Helen, movement and all! It actually makes the pic more interesting, I think! Nice work on her set! And thanks for the resolutions tag, brat!

You've done so many things this year with your knitting, you should be proud! And it's been great getting to know you this year!

1/1/08 9:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy New Year! The hat and mittens are adorable, as is your model. I'll put up my resolutions asap. If you make a set of LSU socks, I'll have to knit a pair for UT.

3/1/08 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home