Friday, July 06, 2007

RSS is awesome (and Really Simple!)

I'm neither a techie nor a gadget freak, but in the past couple of weeks, I've set up and figured out how to use RSS ("Really Simple Syndication") reader. I'm hooked up on Google Reader. I had set up some news feeds, but today I figured out that I can set up RSS feeds so that I know when other blogs have been updated. So very cool. I've added anphoe, costumechick, mad-knitter, and passiminterie so far. If anyone else (particularly Thursday night S&Bers) have blogs, please leave a link in the comments.

Now off to get some actual work done. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger mad knitter said...

Hey, thanks for putting my blog in your RSS feeds! I'm subbed to Bloglines, which I guess is the same thing, but I can't stand having to go there to get the updates. Does your service email you when new blog entries come in? That's what I want.

6/7/07 11:32 PM  
Blogger acambras said...

Mine doesn't e-mail me when new stuff comes in, but with RSS, I'm checking one site (Google Reader - bookmarked) instead of checking 10-15 different sites and blogs. Besides, I have Yahoo News and CNN subscriptions in Google Reader -- if I got an e-mail every time there was something new, my inbox would clog up pretty quickly.

7/7/07 11:34 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Hi Anne - I read through your blog tonight. You were being honest - Baby Helen is the cutest! Your baby blanket pictures are great, and I love the first sweater you made for Baby Helen. It's worth growing into. It was so good to meet you and all of the knitters at Stitch 'n Bitch. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I blog as KnelleyBelley at Knelley Knits. I'm the New Kelley. See you at future meet-ups.

13/7/07 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home